Thursday, November 12, 2015

Our Same-Day Edit Wedding Video

IN THE EARLY MORNING of October 18, as super typhoon Lando (tropical cyclone Koppu) landed and storm signal #2 was raised in Manila, on what was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, a bride was on her knees weeping...

Do you know the idiom, "Don't rain on my parade"? Well, it typhooned on my wedding! My prayer the night before was for us to be able to celebrate our big day the way I originally planned it - outdoor, in a garden by the bay, with the sun shining down on us and the wind gently blowing on my veiled face. But as I looked at the pouring rain outside the window of our hotel room, my heart was breaking into pieces. I was questioning God. Did I do anything to displease Him? Was He adding sorrow into something that appeared to be my biggest blessing? Why, from all the days of the year, would He choose our wedding day to be visited by a super typhoon?

I went out into the living room of our suite and climbed into my mother's lap (yes, the whole 58kg of me on top her frail frame) and we prayed together. She was rubbing my back as she whispered comforting words into my ear. I've never felt closer to her than ever. At that moment, my love for her grew and all the wounds we had inflicted on each other were instantly healed. Suddenly, a cloud was lifted from my heart and I felt better. God reminded me that everything is not about me. Nature has to take its course. Nothing is ever within my control. More importantly, there is so much to celebrate and be grateful for. And there is always Plan B.

I wiped my tears away and uttered a prayer of repentance and thanksgiving. I had resolved to enjoy the day no matter what. I decided that I would just roll with it. It didn't take long when all the suppliers started coming in. I savored the service and attention they offered me. I was feeling like the happiest person in the room. I was being transformed within and without!

In my head I knew that Plan B would not be as grand, as beautiful and as dramatic as the original plan. Obviously I was disappointed, but I shrugged it off. God had brought me to that point in my life when I would finally walk down the aisle and towards the altar where the man of my dreams was waiting. I knew I was loved.

As I started to enter the makeshift garden sanctuary and smelled the fresh flowers, I was pleasantly surprised. The place was intimate, fragrant, and perfect. As we progressed into the program, I was in tears. I didn't expect that our Plan B would turn out for the best- for us and our guests. Everything was just beautiful.

I want to encourage you who may be dealing with a storm right now. Just ride with it. Don't let trials dampen your faith and your spirit. There are times when our Plan A's don't come to pass and we have to resort to Plan B. That's alright. Just roll with it. You'll eventually find out that Plan B's have their own beauty and benefits, too. =)



Our sincere thanks to everyone who came that day and celebrated with us, as well as to those who sent their greetings. Thank you to those who said yes to us and honored their word till the very end. Thank you for including us in your schedule. We will forever treasure your love and friendship.

No comments: