Friday, February 13, 2009

Out of My League.


Since it's Valentine's why don't I write about it? ;)

Happy Valentine's, everyone. Enjoy!


will you stop for a while
and let me catch my breath
tame this restless soul
that you have recklessly stirred
for that I require an apology

will you stop for a while
and hear me out just this time
your beauty made me a believer
the kind that draws me to the Creator
with eyes that burn a hole and brings me back to high school
my palms sweating and cheeks blushing
too frightened to test unknown waters
i will pass this chance of getting burnt

will you stop for a while
allow me to take in
the length of the gap
that's between me and you
your virtues and merits
your wisdom and your worth
my nose will remain pressed
against this glass
staring at an expensive gift
too much for me to afford

will you stop for a while
and bear with me a moment
i wonder what you're thinking
but im not qualified to know
the only available is that boyish smile
which makes me want to smile, too

i wouldn't mind
no not all
if you'll forever be mine
so what does it take
to come close?

No comments: