Friday, March 27, 2009

Just Espresso-ing . . .

GOT myself a new Starbucks tumbler today. Yay! Not for anything else (okay, perhaps because it's also in my alma mater's colour), but I just got encouraged by Hiro's infomercial about going green by doing a simple act of keeping tumblers and mugs instead of buying mineral water and coffee in styros all the time. For most of us, coffee is already a part of our everyday lives, but have we stopped for a while and thought about whatever happens to those thrown cups at the end of the day? I bet not.

I want to encourage all of us to bring water bottles along whenever we're out and keep coffee mugs or tumblers in your cars. This way, we can ask our baristas/drink makers to fill them up with our coffee or drinks and not use those plastic cups that are non-degradable. With this, resources of both ends are being saved. :)

I'm not a superhero (if ever I could become one, I would want to be impenetrable but in jelly form hihi), but I am strongly convicted not to antagonize the Earth even more (or the Watchmen for that matter).


No comments: