Sunday, August 24, 2008

Isabel's Painting

On my flight back to Singapore, I didn't expect that I would meet this cute and super sweet girl. Her name's Isabelle Villar and she was sitting beside me in the plane. I smiled at her and she smiled back, forming round bulges with her suntanned cheeks. I resumed my aimless task of solving a sudoku puzzle and she started filling up the embarkation card. I couldn't help but glance over her shoulders as she scribbled tiny letters. I told her, "Sweetie, you should write in block letters." To my surprise, she started drawing boxes around each letter! I laughed and told her that I meant capital letters. She then drew several lines over the words as if trying to erase them and asked for her mum to write for her instead.


After a while, she started telling me about their five dogs back in their house in Magallanes Village and how she has taken care of them. Suddenly, she unzipped her backpack and pulled out her sketchbook and began showing me her paintings. They were so beautiful, but what's more amazing was the fact that she's only 8! Then she took out a clear plastic that contained a couple of silver bling blings she just bought. I commented, "Yo! They're really nice, yo!" She began to whisper something to her mum so I looked out the window. After a while, she tapped my shoulder and offered me the other necklace! I was so surprised by the sweet gesture but I told her I couldn't possibly accept it. She was really persistent so I asked if I could have one of her paintings instead. She agreed, signed her name on it and gave me her Manila address asking me to visit her soon. Aaaaaawww....such a sweet sweet darling!....







I don't know but somehow I felt refreshed with that encounter. You see, while waiting for the plane to land, I was actually talking to God. I asked Him for strength and guidance as I continue my journey with a promise to let go of the past and give it my best shot this time. And He gave me Isaiah 43...."Do not be afraid...I have called you by name; you are Mine....because you are presious to Me...I love you..."





Geee!! He was telling me He loves me not just in words but through Isabelle! I was feeling down that time but having met her felt like my heart was being balmed. He was romancing me in ways that just left me awed. Thanks, Isabelle! Thanks, Dad!

No comments: